Hello Divine Wanderers!
I am not sure about you but I have struggles with my weight most of my life. When I say struggled I don’t mean anything extreme like eating disorders but I have always been overweight and have never had the discipline to stick with a healthy change in my life. I have finally hit the point where I’m trying to be honest with myself and I’m not happy with how my body looks but I’m not looking to fit into a certain dress size, instead I want my body to feel healthy and I
want need to be able to keep up with both my little boys. I’m tired of being in discomfort and pain all the time.
With that said, I have decided to get my body into good health and not just to let it teeter on the fence of health and sickness on either side.
My overall goals look like:
1. Daily movement get to 10,000+ steps daily by 12/31/14 (as counted by my FitBit Flex)
2. Weight under 200 by 12/31/14
3. Vegetarian/vegan entirely by 12/31/14
The baby steps to get me to my goals are the following:
1. Walk daily at 7pm for at least 30 minutes
2. Choose more veggies and fruits over meat
3. Add yoga before bed 5-10 minutes nightly
4. Work on hitting the water intake goal of 90 ounces per day.
I plan to find my inspiration and motivation in my foods and in blogs that have great whole food vegan/vegetarian recipes and on my Pinterest boards found here.
– Quinoa garlic and pan fried veggies
– Mexican quinoa, black beans, avocado
– Vegan Richa (veganricha.com)
– Oh She Glows (ohsheglows.com)
– Happy Herbivore (happyherbivore.com)
– Post Punk Kitchen (theppk.com)
What are your movement and food goals/wishes? What “bad” habits are you looking to let go of?